Scorpion on a Plane!
– – It sounds like a sequel to the forgettable action flick Snakes on a Plane, but the scorpion on a plane was all too real, and it stung a Portland-area man flying from Seattle to Anchorage during a June 17th Alaska Airlines flight.
The male victim felt something crawling inside one of his sleeves while trying to sleep on the flight, and thought it was a small bug. When it turned out to be a scorpion, the man at least had some fun out of the experience by gathering the arachnid up in a napkin, and showing it to his girlfriend! Predictably, she freaked. By this time, the man’s elbow was burning from the sting, and two doctors on board checked the guy out while the flight crew called for medics to meet the plane at the airport in Anchorage. The girlfriend kept her feet on the seat for the rest of the flight, refusing to put them on the floor.
The arachnid is felt to have been a striped bark scorpion common to Texas where the flight originated. An Alaska Airlines spokesperson said the airline has never had a poisonous creature like the scorpion on one of their flights before.
Politicians, lawyers, and my ex-supervisors apparently have never flown Alaska Airlines…
Tags: scorpion on a planeYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.